Friday, December 18, 2009

7 STEPS TO A PUBLIC OPTION!

Ok, I'm a nobody. Just sitting out here putin' down some thoughts, posting some interesting things. ( Check out the dolphins with the bubbles on the sidebar. It's friggin awesome. If only they had gotten hands.) and making kinda fun political graphics. ( Also on the sidebar) OK, enough self-promotion.
I know I just said this a couple day ago but I don't hear anyone talking about this as an option. Maybe if I shout, someone will hear Me.

1. PASS THE SENATE BILL WITHOUT A PUBLIC OPTION OR MEDICARE BUY IN.

2. GO TO CONFERENCE AND MERGE THEM WITHOUT A PUBLIC OPTION OR MEDICARE BUY IN.

3. PASS THE BILL OUT OF BOTH HOUSES AND SEND TO THE PRESIDENT.

Now this next step is just my choice for the final step.

4. PASS A BILL OUT OF THE HOUSE MAKING MEDICARE A BUY IN OPTION ON THE EXCHANGES. USING LANGUAGE FOR RECONCILIATION.

5. SEND THE BILL TO THE SENATE FOR A SIMPLE MAJORITY VOTE.

6. PASS IT.

7. SEND IT TO THE PRESIDENT.

I know some people will say that Medicare as an option on the exchange will drive private insurance out of business. Well if they can't compete then so be it. At least thier demise will be gradual and displaced worker can be more easily absorbed into the new Paradigm.